The Astell Batch Effluent Decontamination System
The Batch Effluent Decontamination System features two or more holding tanks*.
Astell manufacture a wide range of aqueous liquid Effluent Decontamination Systems (EDS) to service any BSL3 facility. EDS are particularly suited for high containment facilities or high risk laboratories. As no two projects are likely to be the same, Astell Scientific offer comprehensive project management to guide you through the consultancy stage.
*A single tank solution is available by request.
One of the most commonly used methods, the Astell EDS system consists of two or more tanks, working on a run-standby system. When the first tank has reached a preset level, sterilization will begin and the second tank will switch to collecting any further waste. Upon sterilization completion, the first tank is emptied and will sit idle until tank 2 is full and begins sterilization. In this way, collection of effluent is not delayed whilst sterilization is being performed in one of the tanks.
Effluent types vary for each project, but typically treatable effluent sources will include:
- Tap water from sinks and wash basins
- Water from washroom facilities within a containment area
- Sanitary installations such as toilets
- Water from showers and other cleaning facilities in the containment area
- Any exhaust/water from sterilizers used within the Category 3 area
Please Contact us to discuss your requirements and specification.
- A fully programmable Colour Touch Screen controller
- External pressure guage
- Over Temperature Protection
- Pump Status/Running/Tripped
- Over Temperature/Over Pressure cut out
- Safety valve test and emergency stop button
- The password protected control system allows instant access, including manual control and full override
- Full Range of Options & Accessories